The Oberlin Police Department is located in the City Municipal Building, 85 South Main St. (State Route 58). The Department has uniformed patrol officers, bicycle officers, a detective bureau, canine unit, and drug unit. The Auxiliary Unit runs a Checkmate Program, which is designed to care for our senior citizens. Those citizens are checked at least weekly to ascertain their needs and concerns. The Auxiliary Unit also runs a home vacation watch program.
The Department offers a Citizen’s Police Academy in an effort to strengthen the partnership between the Oberlin Community and their Police Department. The academy is a free ten-week course designed to enhance and develop citizen awareness and understanding of the police officer’s role in the community.
The Oberlin Police Department also provides crime assessments for Oberlin residents. Please contact the Department to schedule a crime prevention review of your home or business with an Oberlin Police Officer.
Emergencies only: 9-1-1
Questions regarding the Police Department may be addressed to the Police Department at the non-emergency information number (440) 774-1061or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow the Oberlin Police Department on Facebook.
The following is an overview of some of the parking regulations in the City of Oberlin. This is not a listing of all parking regulations. Persons with specific questions should call the Oberlin Police Department at (440) 774-1061.
• Parking of Commercial Vehicles - Parking of buses, commercial tractors, agricultural tractors, trucks of more than one half ton capacity, trailers, or moving vans is not permitted on any residential street between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.
• Downtown Parking - Downtown parking is limited to two hours except for Sundays and holidays. There are several 30-minute only parking spots in the Central Business District. Overnight parking (2:00 a.m. until 6:00 a.m.) is prohibited.
• Snow Ban - Parking on the streets or alleys of the City from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. during the period from November 1 to April 1 is prohibited.
• Parking on Lawns - No person shall park or leave any motor vehicle upon the unpaved portion of the street.
• Parking on Residential Streets - Parking on any street for longer than 48 consecutive hours is prohibited.
Eric Norenberg, City Manager
Phone: (440) 775-7206
To get my news via text message without Twitter, just text ‘follow enorenb’ to 40404.
City Manager's Blog
Darlene Colaso, Assistant City Manager/ Human Resources Administrator
Phone: (440) 775-7205
Diane Ramos, Administrative Assistant, City Manager's Office/Human Resources Dept.
Phone: (440) 775-7217
Oberlin Underground Railroad Center
Promote Your Page Too