The Engineering Division is located in the Old City Hall Building at 69 South Main Street.
The Engineering Division includes a full time Professional Engineer and the City’s Information Systems Manager. They plan, design, bid, and oversee the construction of the City’s capital improvement projects and oversee Excavation Permits which are required for all work in the public rights-of-way. In addition, the Engineering Division provides and coordinates IT support to all of the City’s other Departments and Divisions.
Our primary focus, and our professional ethic, is service to the public. We oversee the design and construction of public works infrastructure (relating to streets, drainage, water and sanitary sewer) and provide technical assistance for our community. Click here to view project currently out to bid.
Engineering staff also provides the following services:
- Implementation of the Capital Improvement Program projects;
- Review of private land development projects;
- Review of Excavation and Utility Tap-In Permit Requests;
- Public works inspections for public works and private land development projects;
- Maintenance of record drawings and easements for public works infrastructure;
- Development and maintenance of City mapping and GIS;
- Technical and engineering support to various City departments;
- Development and maintenance of City standard construction specifications.
It is our objective to always to serve the interests of the City at large, but the improvements we build can have a temporary adverse affect on people while the construction is in progress. In these cases, we always strive to minimize and mitigate our construction impacts, and to be responsive to the special needs of individuals. Please contact us with questions or concerns related to the Engineering Division services and projects.
Randall Roberts, City Engineer
Dawn Ferro, I.S. Manager
(440) 775-3076[table “” not found /]