Nomination for Elective office
Per the Oberlin City Charter nomination for elective offices of the Municipality can only be made by petition in the following manner:
- The petition shall carry the consent of the nominee, signed by registered electors of the Municipality in number not less than 25 nor more than 50.
- Each candidate shall be nominated by a separate petition, and
- No primary election shall be held for the selection of candidates for any elective office, and no party mark or designation shall be used in any municipal election.
- Petition for nomination to an elective office shall be filed with the Lorain County Board of Elections at least 90 days and no more than 150 days prior to election day.
- The names of all candidates nominated shall be placed on the ballot in the manner provided by the election laws of the State of Ohio.
Petitions can be obtained from the Lorain County Board of Elections located at 1985 North Ridge Rd. East, Lorain, Ohio 44055. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or you may visit the Ohio Secretary of States website at: https://www.sos.state.oh.us for guidance on how to properly file a petition.
Petitions Filing Deadline:
- The fee for filing is $45
- The filing deadline is by 4 p.m. on August 4, 2021(90 days before the general election.)
- Tentative certification date is August 12, 2021.