Did you know that a woman is battered every 15 seconds in this country? Are you one of those women? Please know that there is help available for any form of domestic violence.
24 HOUR CRISIS HOTLINES
A 24-hour crisis hotline is available to victims of domestic violence to offer support and allow victims to discuss their situation while remaining anonymous if they choose:
- 244-1853 OR 323-3400
- OR (244-1867 TTY)
If you would like more information on the Genesis House before making your call please click on the following link: www.genesishouseshelter.com
- Domestic violence is a crime. It is the single major cause of injury to women – more than rapes, muggings, and auto accidents combined.
- Battery is recurrent and escalates, becoming more frequent and more violent over time often resulting in serious injury or death.
- About 95% of all cases of domestic violence involve men battering women.
- Drugs and alcohol do not cause battering.
- Domestic violence occurs among all races, economic levels, religions and sexual preferences.
Network of Care
Genesis House has launched the first domestic violence Network of Care website in the country. The Network of Care includes a directory of domestic violence resources, an online capacity for survivors to maintain a secure personal information record, and improved access to information and services to people who may be isolated due to fear, disability, location or limited English literacy skills. The network is updated daily.
Find detailed lists of services available in our community, legislative information on state and federal levels, plus much, much more. Please visit the website at www.NetworkofCare.org.